Design, develop, and qualify electrical / electronic systems and subsystems used in UV Curing systems. Works with reasonable independence at the subassembly or system level. Works under minimal supervision, while relying on extensive experience and judgment to accomplish goals.
Design, develop, and qualify UV Curing equipment under minimal supervision.
- Apply engineering fundamentals to solve complex electrical/electronic design problems.
- Use industry-standard practices to design and qualify 3-phase power distribution & control panels, printed circuit boards, cabling, and harnesses.
- Develop high voltage (4KV) power conversion equipment for UV Curing applications
- Coordinate and direct the creation of all documentation required to support the project.
- Help develop product requirements documents (PRD) based on input from Customers, Sales, Manufacturing, Field Service, and Process Engineering.
- Develop project estimates (NRE), which define budget, staffing, and project deliverables.
- Serve as Project Manager for development projects as required
- Work with mechanical and software personnel to develop equipment control systems.
- Troubleshoot equipment / circuit boards using schematics and standard diagnostic tools, such as DVMs, current meters, oscilloscopes, and power meters.
- Work closely with Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Field Service to facilitate the production, testing, and commissioning of UV Curing products
- Travel as required (approximately 15% domestic and 5% international)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated design creativity and the ability to operate independently
- Must be a self-starting, “hands-on” engineer with the ability to function with minimal supervision
- Must be able to quickly adapt project activities in response to fast-changing priorities
- Strong diagnostic / problem solving skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with schematic capture software
- Demonstrated proficiency with standard electronic test equipment, such as DVMs, oscilloscopes, power meters, etc.
- RF Experience is highly desired
- Demonstrated proficiency with PLC-based control systems and software
- Able to lift 30 lbs, install subsystems into process equipment, and make adjustments within equipment
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
EDUCATION AND TECHNOLOGY
- BSEE degree and a minimum of 5-8 years of pertinent experience
- Software skills, especially embedded C++ in a Linux environment, are a big plus
- Demonstrated proficiency in circuit board (PWB) layout software a plus
- Proficient in MS Office, especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project
About Miltec UV:
Miltec UV is located in Stevensville, Maryland. Miltec has been servicing the UV industry for 30 Years and is a global leader and manufacturer of both arc and microwave ultraviolet curing systems. Miltec offers a wide range of quality UV parts, standard equipment and custom systems and services designed to interface with existing or new manufacturing production lines. These systems serve a broad diversity of industry-specific applications and market segments, such as: optical fiber, wire, metal decorating, wood flooring, cabinets, automotive products and many others.
As a general policy, Miltec does not sponsor employment visas upon hire or in the future.