Miltec has been a global market leader in the UV curing industry for 30 Years. We are serving over 30 diverse manufacturing market segments, providing high-quality, custom designed UV curing systems and replacement parts – all made in the USA. Our successful track record of award-winning technology and innovation, unwavering commitment to customer service and quality as well as ongoing investment in Research and Development, makes us one of the world’s premier manufacturers of high-performance UV Curing systems and solutions.
Miltec UV has an immediate opportunity for a talented, innovative, technical Engineering Manager to join their team in Stevensville, Maryland to create technical solutions that directly impact the continued growth of the company.
Summary: The Engineering Manager plans, organizes and directs engineering to meet company objectives for design, new product development and improvement of existing product lines by performing the following duties personally or through the engineering staff. This is a hands-on, working manager position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and formulates all aspects of research and development and serves as the engineering leader and technical expert
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis
- Selects, develops, trains and supervises staff
- Develops, determines and implements policies, procedures and programs
- Provides leadership and guidance to engineering team and ensures the team has clear priorities and goals
- Creates a motivational environment that enables high performance
- Provides technical guidance, training, career development and mentoring to team members
- Performs administrative functions such as writing reports, preparing and delivering charts and presentations, approving project-related expenditures, conducting timely performance evaluations of engineering staff
- Understands design for manufacturability
- Has expert level of product manufacturing knowledge and relates well with various production staff
- Selects correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement for existing ones
- Reviews and analyzes proposals submitted to determine if benefits derived and possible applications justify expenditures
- Proposes and oversees budgets and timelines for all engineering projects
- Prepares and delivers various engineering-related presentations
- Working with the manufacturing, operations and quality manager, reviews and monitors quality and process improvement
- Directs the review of production costs and product quality and modifies direction to maintain and enhance profitable operation of projects and division
- Participates in and drives new product development in collaboration with management and sales
- Manages existing technical contractual relationships and selects external contractors/firms as needed
- Operates in accordance with organization’s Quality Management System and practices safety first
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (Master’s Degree preferred)
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience
- SolidWorks and AutoCAD proficiency
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to think critically with good logic and reasoning – identify strengths and weaknesses of solutions and recommend alternative approaches to problems
- Above average technical problem-solving skills
- Strong testing, analytical and documentation skills
- Solid project management and resource planning experience
- Demonstrated leadership and people development skills
- Demonstrated record of successfully launching R&D project initiatives, meeting deliverables on time and within budget
- Experience with industrial UV Curing equipment is a plus
- Experience with high voltage equipment is a plus
- RF experience is a plus
- Ability to travel as needed
A comprehensive benefits package is available. Please reply with resume and salary requirements.
Miltec is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Miltec UV:
Miltec UV is located in Stevensville, Maryland. Miltec has been servicing the UV industry for 30 Years and is a global leader and manufacturer of both arc and microwave ultraviolet curing systems. Miltec offers a wide range of quality UV parts, standard equipment and custom systems and services designed to interface with existing or new manufacturing production lines. These systems serve a broad diversity of industry-specific applications and market segments, such as: optical fiber, wire, metal decorating, wood flooring, cabinets, automotive products and many others.