Miltec is searching for a hands-on Shipping/Receiving Supervisor to join our team in Stevensville, MD!
- Oversee and coordinate the daily warehousing activities to include receiving, storing and shipping of goods
- Ensure that daily operations meet and exceed daily performance expectations and implement continuous improvement
- Organize and maintain inventory and storage areas
- Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction through excellence in receiving, storing, shipping and assuring quality of goods
- Measure and report the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employee’s performance
- Organize and maintain inventory and storage area
- Ensure shipments’ and inventory transactions’ accuracy
- Communicate job expectations and coach employees
- Ensure departmental goals are achieved
- Assist with training and cross training of associates assigned to the department
- Must be able to perform all the duties of a Shipping/Receiving employee
- Determine staffing levels and assign workload
- Interface with internal and external customers to answer questions or solve problems
- Negotiate freight quotes and estimates with freight forwarders, review freight billing for accuracy, report discrepancies to the accounting dept. and work to resolve issues
- Maintain item records, document necessary information and utilize reports to project warehouse status
- Identify areas of improvement and establish innovative or adjust existing work procedures and practices
- Confer and coordinate activities with other departments
- Proven work experience as a Warehouse Supervisor in a manufacturing or distribution environment
- Highly effective supervisory skills and techniques
- Knowledge of warehouse software packages and MS Office proficiency
- Ability to input, retrieve and analyze data
- Hands-on commitment to getting the job done
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to direct and coordinate operations
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience with international shipping is highly desired
- Experience processing shipments via common carriers (Fed Ex and UPS)
- 5S and other process improvement methodologies
- AA degree or higher in logistics, supply chain management or business administration is a plus
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to bend, stoop, crouch, etc. with little limitations
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
Competitive salary is based on experience.
Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401K (with match), paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave.
A comprehensive benefits package is available. Please reply with resume and salary requirements.
About Miltec UV:
Miltec UV is located in Stevensville, Maryland. Miltec has been servicing the UV industry for 30 years and is a global leader and manufacturer of both arc and microwave ultraviolet curing systems. Miltec offers a wide range of quality UV parts, standard equipment and custom systems and services designed to interface with existing or new manufacturing production lines. These systems serve a broad diversity of industry-specific applications and market segments, such as: optical fiber, wire, metal decorating, wood flooring, cabinets, automotive products and many others.
For additional company and product information, visit us at our web site: http://www.miltec.com.
Miltec is an Equal Opportunity Employer
As a general policy, Miltec does not sponsor employment visas upon hire or in the future.